Effective as of January 26, 2022.
Categories of Information Collected
Some of the information we collect is “Personal Information,” which generally means information that identifies you as an individual, and other information we associate with it. This may include a name, mailing address, e-mail address, credit/debit card information (and related payment information) and/or telephone number.
We collect several categories of information, from the different sources:
Information You Provide: We receive information you provide to us when you:
(1) create an account with us (including a shopping account online, an account to review products, a customer loyalty account, or any other type of account);
(2) make a purchase;
(3) apply for employment;
(4) contact us via any customer service method;
(5) submit user-generated content (via our Site or Internet Marketing Channels or otherwise);
(6) participate in customer research, surveys, sweepstakes or promotions;
(7) subscribe for email, text, or other messages;
(8) work with our staff to assist you with your product needs and purchases through use of Sites;
(9) use our Sites;
(10) otherwise communicate information to us.
Information We Receive From Third Parties.
We may receive information you provide on behalf of third parties, or third parties provide on your behalf, including but not limited to gift recipients, online registrations/purchases, in-store pick-up, or as a result of your interactions with other users on our Sites.
We receive information from sources assisting us with (i) updating, enhancing, improving and/or analyzing our records or data; (ii) performing marketing and research services; or (iii) detecting fraud or theft.
Information that is passively collected when you use the Sites.
When you visit our Site or interact with us through your device, (including Wi-Fi or other technologies in our store) we may collect "User Activity Information" through Cookies, Web Beacons, and other similar or related technologies (collectively, "Information Technologies"). "Cookies" are small text files sent to your device as you visit our Site or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels and saved on your device via your browser. "Web Beacons" (also known as pixels or tags) are a common form of web technology used on our Sites and Internet Marketing Channels to monitor visits to certain pages within, interactions with, and the effectiveness of, our Site and our Internet Marketing Channels.
Social Media Access.
- In-Store Technology. Our store locations may offer free Wi-Fi services to visitors. Our Wi-Fi network may capture certain data from devices you connect to it. Unless we receive consent to use Wi-Fi data in a manner that identifies you or your device(s), Wi-Fi data is anonymously collected or de-identified
- Video Cameras. We use cameras in our store for security, operational and marketing purposes. This technology may capture demographic and personal information about you.
- Third Party Applications.Some third party service providers (such as Google) are able to combine your search history or other activity with the location services within your device, to know that the same device that was used for searching on-line has also been at our store. These service providers provide us aggregate information as to how internet searches translate to customer store visits or other information.
In addition to collecting Personal Information as described above, we may collect information that does not identify you and is not associated with your Personal Information. We may also de-identify information so it no longer identifies you. We can aggregate and use such information to engage in marketing and other activities in a manner that does not use customers’ personal information and is outside the scope of this Policy.
We provide customers with a number of choices regarding our collection, use and disclosure of personal information:
- Email Opt-Out.You may unsubscribe to future e-mail communications from BTL by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in our e-mail communications. Regardless of your decision to opt-out of e-mail communications, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry, regarding transactions and for transactional purposes (e.g., sales confirmations, shipping notifications, recalls, product information, service/reminder notices and account maintenance).
- Disabling Cookies.Based upon your interactions with our Sites and elsewhere on the internet and your (and your device’s) interaction with our Internet Marketing Channels, we may personalize your experience via our Sites and via our Internet Marketing Channels. However, you have choices relating to how your device interacts with our Sites and our Internet Marketing Channels. You may choose to access our Sites and our Internet Marketing Channels without accepting certain Information Technologies on your device(s), and you may opt-out or modify certain elements that are tailored specifically to you and served to you based upon your browsing history. If you choose to restrict those Information Technologies, you can still access our Sites and Internet Marketing Channels, but may not be able to take full advantage of certain features. You may also manage third party tracking by turning off cookies and changing your browser settings. Learn more at www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Interest-Based Advertising.We participate in interest-based advertising (IBA), also known as Online Behavioral Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies and networks to display ads tailored to your individual interests based on how you browse and shop online when you visit our Sites, Internet Marketing Channels and across other sites to serve you advertisements across the Internet and through other channels. Some of these networks may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) or participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance's ("DAA") Self-Regulatory Program. To learn more about your choices relating to members of the NAI visit their website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed. To learn more about your choices relating to networks that participate in the DAA Program, please visit http://www.aboutads.info. Please note, even if you choose to restrict, opt-out or modify your preferences, you may still see or receive BTL advertisements on our Sites, on our Internet Marketing Channels and on other sites, but such advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
In addition, the browser on your device may offer you preferences regarding a website's collection of your information or your online activities over time and/or across different websites or online services and you may modify your individual preferences. At this time, our Sites do not respond to these preferences, and our Sites may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Policy. However, you have the option to opt out of certain interest-based advertising. To learn more about interest based advertising or to opt-out of this type of advertising by participating members, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Options you select are browser and device-specific.
- Location Information.When you visit our Sites, they may collect general location information from your IP address and your specific location information (latitude and longitude) from your browser. You may opt-out of allowing our use of specific location information we obtain when you visit our Sites on-line by selecting the option of not allowing us to use location information when prompted by your browser or by managing your browser settings. Note, such opt-outs and browser settings do not limit our ability to use your general location obtained via your IP address.
- Mobile Device and Application Preferences.
- Text Messages. If you have opted-in to receive text messages from us, we may send text messages to the number provided that corresponds to your device. To opt out of mobile messaging, reply “stop” to text messages received. This will opt you out of all text message campaigns.
- Push Notifications. You may at any time opt out from further push notifications by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
- Location Information. You may at any time opt-out from allowing us to access specific location information of your device by adjusting the permissions in the mobile device you use to access our Sites and those of our third-party partners through your mobile browser.
- Updates and Uninstall Mobile Applications. Notification and automatic installation of app
- In-Store Mobile Technology.You may prevent us from accessing your in-store location and other data obtained via Wi-Fi, or other in-store mobile technology by preventing it from connecting with our systems (e.g., Wi-Fi) while in our store so our in-store technology will not detect your presence. To disable third party tracking while in our store (such as social media), log out of your third-party accounts or disable location services when visiting our store. (Please note that In-Store Mobile Technology is unrelated to in-store cameras as discussed above.)
How We Use Your Information
We do not generally disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties without your prior consent, although we do disclose information to third parties in some circumstances as described below under “How We Disclose Your Information.” We use your information in ways consistent with this Policy and applicable laws in the following ways:
- Fulfilling, delivering, and communicating with you regarding requests for information and orders for products and/or services.
- Maintaining our loyalty programs.
- Processing credit card applications, payments, returns and other such transactions.
- Evaluating your application for employment.
- Administering surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or promotions.
- Registering and servicing customer accounts.
- Providing customer service.
- Conducting research and analysis.
- Alerting you to product, service, and promotional information, including product recalls.
- Helping us to improve and customize our products and services, Sites and Internet Marketing Channels.
- To advertise our products and services to you and those of our partners that we think may be of interest to you.
- Protecting the security and integrity of our store, Sites, Internet Marketing Channels and overall business practices.
- Enabling account holders, and others to utilize the features and functionality and Services of our Site.
- As may otherwise be disclosed at the time of collection.
In doing so, we may:
- Combine certain Personal Information and non-personal information collected online and offline, including information collected from third parties;
- Transfer or disclose such information within our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- Retain the information as needed to provide you products/services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements as necessary in our sole discretion;
- Combine the information we collect and maintain it;
- Process User Activity Information to associate you with your interactions on our Sites and In-Store services; including to recognize you and your preferences as you return to our Sites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels, to tailor advertisements to you, and to provide other services to you. We may display targeted ads to you through Internet Marketing Channels. These ads are sent to groups of people who may share common traits, such as likely commercial interests or demographics. For example, if you have expressed an interest in shopping for baseball, we may target you with baseball-related products. In addition to such tailoring, we use User Activity Information to ensure that our online presence operates properly and efficiently for you and for your individual customer experience, to evaluate the use and benefit of such presence, and to support our Sites and our Internet Marketing Channels; and
- Use location information from your device to deliver marketing messages to you which may be more relevant to your general location. We may also use this data to track the effectiveness of local marketing campaigns, as well as our store location services.
How We Disclose Your Information
We may share your information (including Personal Information) with the following categories of third parties where consistent with this Policy and applicable laws:
- With third party businesses and service providers that assist with our business operations, such as shipping vendors, billing or other payment vendors, payment card processors, IT services, customer service, email and text delivery services, marketing and research vendors and various companies that work with us to improve or provide our products and services and our data integrity including advertising networks and data analytics providers. While we are not involved in the day-to-day operations of such businesses and providers, our agreements generally obligate them to use reasonable methods to keep any Personal Information safe and secure, and not use such Personal Information for purposes other than providing their applicable services. However, even if a third-party business or service provider is performing business operations on our behalf, if you have an independent relationship with such third-party business or service provider, its use of your information may be governed by its independent relationship with you, and we are not responsible for such use.
- As we deem necessary in the event (or partial event) of a corporate sale (asset or stock), merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- In connection with various warranty and shipping/delivery services.
- To comply with applicable law or reasonable request based upon governmental regulation, court order, subpoena, or similar related action.
- As we deem necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of BTL, our customers, our associates or others, to prevent harm or loss, or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual unlawful activity.
- To the extent permitted by law, User Activity Information that is passively collected when you use our Sites as described above may be shared with our online and email advertisers or other third-party vendors we use who may provideInformation Technologies on our Sites or other websites to manage and improve our online and email advertising campaigns.
- As may otherwise be disclosed at the time of collection.
How to Update Your Information
For certain types of information, we offer you several ways to access or update such information:
- If you have an account on our Site, you can log-in to your account and update your information and communication preferences provided there. If you have more than one account with us, you will need to update each account.
- You can Contact Customer Service to request updates to your account by emailing us at [email protected] You may also reach us by mail: ATTN: Customer Service, 13802 N Scottsdale Rd, Ste 127, Scottdale, Arizona, 85254. Please provide your current and complete contact information with these requests.
- We may refuse requests that require disproportionate technical efforts, risk the privacy of others, or are impractical.
- After closing your account(s), or updating or deleting any of your information, we may retain residual copies on our servers and back-up systems to the extent permitted by law.
- Closing an account will not affect information we obtain via Information Technologies.
In our efforts to maintain accurate and complete information, we may utilize third party service providers to assist us in identifying and with updating contact information (e.g., National Change of Address or NCOA).
We use a variety of security measures to help protect Personal Information and transactions we process. Our Sites utilize SSL encryption technology to protect Personal Information that we transport across the internet. Customers’ online and mobile accounts are password protected with restricted access.
Additionally, we use a variety of security measures to help protect Personal Information that we maintain.
Our Sites are "general audience" websites and not directed toward children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have unauthorized information about your child who is under the age of 13, please let us know by contacting us at [email protected]
Third Party Links
Our Sites and our Internet Marketing Channels may link to other sites that we do not control. In addition, you may have visited our Site through a link or a banner advertisement on another site. In such cases, the site you linked from may collect information from people who click on the banner or link. These other sites are governed by their own privacy policies which you should review when visiting such sites to understand how they collect and use your information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites.